May 27, 2015 – Your wireless marketing presence should be the heartbeat of your business. It brings customers to the door who put money in the drawer. We all sell wireless products and services. It’s imperative that your marketing presence differentiates you from the competition.
That said, the wireless business can be all too willing to cut back on marketing to cut costs (signage, digital creativity, etc.). But this doesn’t have to be the case. Marketing doesn’t have to be detrimental to the bottom line.
Display advertising is all about grabbing consumers attention. Give them something to see that they haven’t seen before and that will stick with them. What’s more: you don’t have to spend a fortune to accomplish these goals. Here are a few low-cost/no-cost ideas for your display advertising:
- Grab attention with a headline. It can be the company slogan or just an eye-catching and memorable statement. A headline should be displayed wherever possible in any print or display media. It will contribute to your marketing campaign and help build trust in your brand. That trust is the key to profitability and growth.
- Place ads in publications that your market reads. An advertisement in the local paper or a wireless tech magazine is a simple and classic way to make your wireless store visible. Look for the most cost-efficient publication with the greatest audience reach.
- Be multi-cultural. Your wireless store should be able to engage with audiences from many different cultural backgrounds. Show that cultural sensitivity and awareness by reaching out to multilingual communities in your displays. Use multiple languages in your display advertising and help your store lead the multicultural conversation in wireless.
- Be consistent & visible. Consistency is the key to building a trusted wireless brand and making your store profitable. Train every sales rep and send every message the same way every time.
- Advertise in creative locations. Your wireless store is (and should always be) a vital part of your community. Put your displays in high-traffic locations that are iconic to that community. These can include parks, streets, and local sports venues among many others.
- Go old school. Guerrilla marketing is low-cost and can be every bit as effective as its more expensive alternatives. Use flyers and posters to advertise your wireless store in local cafes, shops, and tech hubs. Boost sales by providing value to the community in the form of guerrilla marketer opportunities for students and burgeoning professionals.
- Use direct mail. You can help market your wireless store and boost sales through the creation of direct mail materials. Use your store colors to create unique stationary and envelopes. Use your new wireless store’s design scheme to tell your customers about new phones, accessories, and the top quality service you provide the community.
Remember: Successful marketing (digital, display, or other) is predicated on a consistently exceptional customer experience. Our customers are our neighbors, friends, and family. Make them feel welcome, appreciated, and (above all) respected. Make the pledge to yourself that every customer interaction is a unique marketing opportunity![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]