[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]By Mark Landiak
September 2, 2015 – How do you know your wireless customers are satisfied? Do they tell you? How do you follow up on customer experience and customer satisfaction?
In my book Customer Service Isn’t A Department… It’s You!, I discuss how customer satisfaction and subsequent retention relies on going above and beyond at the individual level. Customers that leave your store feeling anything less than wowed by the service you provide are at risk of leaving you for the competition. While dissatisfaction is an obvious hazard (and likely indicative of great problems), Indifference in and of itself is also actually dangerous. Indifference (neither being wowed nor disappointed by service) is a potential pitfall because customers won’t care who they buy from and will be susceptible to the next best deal that walks in the door.
Your service needs to stand out. What’s more: you need to collect data that can prove it stands out.
Ensuring an amazing and positive customer experience means conducting consistent satisfaction checks. Throughout the customer interaction, there are several ways to communicate with them, encourage the dialogue, and ensure that the customer and associate are comprehending each other.
Here are ten great questions to ask when conducting a wireless customer satisfaction check:
- How do you feel about your current wireless service?
- When was the last time you were in our store? Another wireless store? How was the experience?
- Are you happy with your current device?
- Are you happy with your current talk/text/data plan?
- (*In qualifying) Am I understanding your issue(s) correctly?
- Have you had any other issues in the past with your device/plan/service? How were they resolved?
- What more would you like to be able to do with your device?
- Did I answer all of your questions?
- Who else could you refer that I could talk about their wireless service?
- Would you mind going online and giving us a positive review?
Customer experience really does originate at the individual level. As a representative of your wireless store, it is on you to go above and beyond, use common sense logic/problem solving, and be nice to your customer. You can stand out by demanding excellence in every interaction.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]